Balmain Fall Winter 2011 Zipped Cotton Hoodie – Grey hooded jersey sweater with zips at either sides, cuffs zips and top zip with two front pockets. This heavy metal details on the hoodie give the sportswear staple a tough edge.
Source: Balmain, Salone Japan, Bergdorf Goodman, SENSE Magazine Japan
- Maintenance – The outer material is suede, 100% lamb skin. It has a surface that is prone to absorb liquid and dirt. This pair of biker pants needs careful inside out detailed inspection to maintain it’s ‘mileage’. Plan ahead before you wear them out, check the weather as water can shrink and damage leather. If caught on a rainy day, lay a towel on the floor and place these ‘wet’ biker pants flat as hanging them can cause the weight to stretch, let it dry without any contact with sunlight or direct heat as quick drying can cause leather to crack. Leather needs to breath, be sure that the area is ventilated as humidity can cause internal damage on leather, placing them in a plastic suit bag can also cause leather to dry and develop cracks eventually. Use baby wipes to remove any stains, if there are tough ones the only way to get rid of them is by dry cleaning but I would suggest to avoid dry cleaning leather products at all cost as the chemicals could wash off the original colour finish and cause it to age quicker. Also avoid kids holding ice cream running around blindly at all cause!
- Size – This pair of Balmain green suede biker pants fits true to size, but take one size down. Leather will eventually stretch after a few wears, just like leather shoes that will eventually expand. I would recommend to buy one as snug as possible, as long you can hook the front. I am a size 30, and I tried this in a size 29, it fits me perfectly. Do not buy size 30 if you are size 30, it will expand to be around size 31-32.
- Slim Fit or Straight Fit – There are two significant different fits of the same design and price. Do inquire with the store about the cut if you are deciding to purchase it online. Photos don’t do justice most of the time, it is hard to accurately judge whether it is slim or straight unless the store has provided that information.
- Summer/ Humidity – It is already the end of winter in Australia, we live in the reverse season. It will not be possible to wear this out when it is 30 celsius above, not unless you wear them in a air-conditioned shopping center. The material is quite thick and heavy, like 2x Balmain jeans material in one. Imagine wearing a leather jacket that is made out of the same material as a luxury car leather seat, you get the idea. However this would be great for winter as long it doesn’t touch snow, snow = water which will damage it.
- The Green – You might be very confused what sort of green this finish is. There are a handful of photos that I showed on my previous post, but non of these references could accurately describe it as one judging by the eye in person, not even the photos below that I could confidently say it is that green. The green is not that light or pale, it is dark but not that dark towards black. I can recommend that this is a safe and acceptable green to go with, it is not an odd colour that has gone terribly wrong.
- Value – Everyone has different perspectives of value. From my opinion I would say that for the price it is worth buying this pair of Balmain leather biker pants, but not as first time buyers of Balmain. If you are a fanatic with 5-10 pairs of Balmain jeans and pants in your closet, then this is a MUST HAVE. You should not miss out on this as I doubt Balmain would repeat this design and fabric in the same colour and cut in the future.
- Price – $1300-$1800 USD. I wouldn’t pay anything more than $1600 USD, you can buy two pairs of new Balmain biker jeans or pants on websites like Mr Porter, LVR, FarFetch. etc. instead of one that you could hardly wear. Not unless you decide to buy and trash (fully use and discard) this pair of leather biker pants. I doubt that there would be a good resell value after used, the price is very steep and buyers would rather pay for a new pair of Balmain biker jeans or pants from the future collection than an overpriced used old biker pants. So I would conclude it is not possible to get back the same return on investment compared to other classic biker jeans.
I can’t believe it has been another year, unbelievable how time flies. I celebrated my 23rd birthday yesterday at Bimbo Deluxe, a great place to hangout, it was the best birthday I had in a while.
Look what I got as a birthday gift from my lovely girlfriend…
The Balmain Spring Summer 2012 Satin Tuxedo Crop Blazer
:] :0 :O XD :3 <3 <3 <3
I love this blazer so much, I always wanted this blazer since the day I tried it during our Japan trip. Thank you so much, I am so happy :* <3