When it comes to Givenchy menswear in general, majority of the fashion enthusiast will recall the eccentricity of religion, wild angry animals with sharp fangs, blossoming plants themes and not to forget – men’s skirts. The Givenchy Spring Summer 2013 was no doubt a commercial success as Riccardo Tisci has offered us a variety of prints from various price points – making Givenchy widely affordable in the luxury designer market.
Today, I want to share with you something different, apart of advertising the latest prints, I have recently been attracted towards this particular design. So much so that some may say have I developed some sort of chemistry, in other words it is like love at first sight. Not too long ago, I first saw the Givenchy White and Black Trompe L’oeil Contrast Shirt on SSENSE.com. The white and black contrast is well presented with a good flow of framework, what I liked most is where the black incorporates the white. To my surprise, such an eye candy design was not featured on Givenchy Menswear Spring Summer 2013 Runway. Perhaps it doesn’t assent the overall direction of the season.
The Givenchy White and Black Trompe L’oeil Contrast Shirt
Me wearing my new Givenchy White and Black Trompe L’oeil Contrast Shirt, Ksubi Chitch Black Night Jeans, Kris Van Assche Black and White Leather High-Top Extended Zip Sneakers (SS12). More daily looks and advance previews on my Instagram @drblogspot. Follow me! =).
Such a simple shirt that features two different cotton texture cost more than a bold Givenchy Fighter or Madonna Print T-Shirt, it took me a while to consider as this was priced premium. One fine weekend at Pavilion Shopping Center Kuala Lumpur, I spotted this shirt displayed in Givenchy. I seize the opportunity to try it in person and soon realize it was a regular fit but closer towards an oversize at chest width. Despite the loose fit, this shirt has bait me into temptation but I resisted to open my wallet. As you may know now, I hardly buy in store because I know there are better deals elsewhere… hehe. The price for this shirt at Givenchy Pavilion Malaysia cost 2,530 MYR, matching SSENSE’s price tag at $835. I went back this week, but did not see this shirt on display. My guess is, it may have been sold out.
Click here for much more photos and information!
I had some thoughts that this Givenchy White and Black Shirt resembles the Audi RS5 by OSS Design and Vossen.
Where to buy?
– Givenchy White and Black Trompe L’oeil Contrast Shirt. Long sleeve dress shirt in white cotton poplin. Spread collar. Button fly front. Contrasting-textured bib front, back yoke, and exterior sleeves in black. Shirttail hem. Tonal stitching. Single-button barrel cuffs. Body: 100% cotton. Contrast: 95% cotton, 5% elastane. Machine wash cold. Made in Portugal.
BUY IT NOW
Harvey Nicholas – Givenchy Two Tone Shirt. Button fastening collar and cuffs, textured black panels, curved hem. Concealed button fastenings through front, 100% cotton.
Givenchy Black and White Two Tone Shirt – £430
Why not wear it with one of these matching sneakers!
– Givenchy Black and White Leather High-Top Sneakers. High-top buffed leather sneakers in white and black. Round toe. White lace up closure with gold tone eyelets. Wrap-around Velcro strap at ankle. Ribbed panel at heel. Textured white rubber foxing. Tone on tone stitching. Leather upper, rubber sole. Made in Italy. BUY IT NOW
– Givenchy Metal Star-Trimmed Leather High Top Sneakers. Up the ante with Givenchy’s metal star-studded leather sneakers. Crafted in Italy, this attitude-packed high-top pair will propel any look into slick modern territory. Match their statement appeal with a printed bomber jacket and you’ll be ready to hit the bar. BUY IT NOW
– Kris Van Assche Black and White Leather Paneled Sneakers. High top leather sneakers in black. Round toe. Tonal leather tongue at shoe face with intricate lacing in white. Padded collar. Exposed zip closure at heel in silver. Silver tone grommets at sides. Perforation at toe. Textured white rubber foxing. Tone on tone stitching. Leather upper, rubber sole. Imported.
BUY IT NOW
– Kris Van Assche Black Leather High Top Extended Zip Sneakers. High top leather sneakers in black. Round toe. Black lace up closure with silver tone eyelets. Extended leather eyerow. Padded collar and tongue. Exposed zip closure at heel in silver with extended detail. Black rubber foxing. Tone on tone stitching. Leather upper, rubber sole. Imported.
BUY IT NOW